Life’s too short for dating games
If you’re 16+ -that’s for you…my High school friends 🙂 you know about the dating games, and how absolutely confusing they can be. Bleh! What a pain. Thanks to my very limited experience, and my friends who were kind enough to contribute. Here’s just a little bit of advice towards ‘the games’.
- Just ask her all ready. Take the initiative. Be brave, text her (or better yet give her a phone call) and ask her. Turn to We Bought a Zoo, for one of the most accurate quotes out there.“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.”
- She won’t care. Really, she won’t care what you do. Just do something. She’ll just be happy she gets to spend time with you.
- You don’t have to be tough 24/7. Let out a little sensitivity.
- Just try a little to get the hints. Yes, girls are quite possibly the most confusing creature on the face of the earth, but you have to pick up on at least a few of the hints. Right?
- Compliment her. Her outfit, her hair, her jewelry…whatever it is. Not only will you impress her, you’ll make her feel like a million bucks too:)
- Don’t use your dad’s nasty old cologne, wear something that smells good. She’ll notice. She might not say anything, but she’ll definitely notice. But please, don’t drown yourself in it.
- Be polite. Be polite to her, her family, the waiter, strangers etc. You’ll make her feel uncomfortable if you’re not. A nice guy is a taken guy:)
- Make your grandma proud and open the door for her-hello major brownie points.
- Okay girls, I don’t understand why either, but they really don’t get the hints. You might as well just straight up say it.
- Do some of the asking. Now I don’t know but I imagine it’s got to be pretty intimidating to ask a girl out. So…a little nudge never hurt anyone. You don’t have to ask him, but you can most certainly suggest. Or if you’re as blunt as I am, you could just flat-out say “I want to do something with you….” but, ya know…whatever you’re feeling up to.
- Perfume. Yes, we all have it and love it. And we have those special ones we only use for dates. However, you don’t have to make up for lost time. Just a spritz or two will do.
- Let him pay. Put yourself in his shoes, you like this girl and you finally get the guts to take her on a date but….she throws a fit when you go to pay. Not only have you made it awkward for yourself, him, and the cashier….but you’ve ruined his chance to do something nice for you. *And with that, guys PLEASE pay. It’s polite. It doesn’t mean you have to take her to The Roof, but you are taking her.
- I don’t have much room to talk on this one because I always forget! But….multiple sources have named it so I’ll include it, and work on it too. 🙂 Let him open the door for you. He’s trying to impress you here, give him a shot yeah?
- Be careful what you wear. You don’t want to make him feel awkward…so just keep that one in mind.
- This one is also by popular demand. One word….EAT. If he’s taking you out for dinner, he seriously doesn’t want to pay for an over-priced salad. Not to mention he’ll feel awkward if you only eat two bites and he actually eats his food.